Self Defense Classes for Women and Teens
What we do in this class:
Women and teens have to be more aware than ever. Did you know that, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, 1 out of every 4 women will be attacked or raped in her lifetime? Or that 90% of women assaulted knew their assailant? How about that the Women’s Self Defense Institute analyzed 3,000 assaults and found that 50% of the attackers fled from a woman who resisted?
Adults and teens 11 years and older. In this 2.5-hour self defense class for women and teens, we cover verbal and physical self-defense tactics, including de-escalation. We can custom design a middle school class or high school class for girls and boys.
In our self defense class for women and teens, we teach you how to defend yourself against verbal and physical attacks using pads, kick bags, and our rubber dummy B.O.B. Here are just a few things we teach in this class:
- The 4 “A’s” of self defense: Attitude, Awareness, Assessment of a situation, Action.
- How and why women are attacked including vulnerable areas of a woman’s lifestyle.
- What assailants look for in their victims – date, acquaintance, and stranger assaults.
- Where to strike and how to strike
- How to stop frontal attacks and attacks from behind, and ground defense.
- Verbal defense, dealing with mean girls and bully prevention for middle school and high school groups.
Full Contact Class:
Adults and teens 13 years and older. Powered by the Women’s Self Defense Community movement, this self defense class takes the Basic Class a step farther. Realistic, practical, scenario-based, our 3.5-hour full contact rape defense class is taught by instructors wearing special protective suits and focuses on the most common sexual assault scenarios. Students are taught how to physically use their own unique strengths against an assailant’s weakest targets and fight out of those assault scenarios. In addition, college safety will be discussed in classes when applicable.